It’s that time of year again. It’s time for kids to head back to school, the weather is cooling off and it’s time to bring in the food harvest. How did that happen? I’m not sure where this summer has gone, but it’s practically gone. Yikes!
A year ago, I went with a food theme for the month of September, and once again, I’m returning to that theme- I suppose my last post should have been a heads up. I mean, who can resist food? It’s beautiful, something that we all need to survive and it’s something that everyone enjoys on some level. For me, it’s one of my favorite ways to explore new culture. Food speaks volumes about a culture. It’s also a way that I like to unwind after a long day in front of my computer because it uses all of my senses and challenges my creative muscles that I don’t always get to exercise depending on what part of a project I’m working on.
Now several months ago I mentioned that I had been working with a company called ChefSteps. I loved working with them because not only are the people amazing, but they combine my two passions- film and food:
This isn’t the piece that I worked on while working there, but I hope that I will be able to share that with you soon.
Food is actually how I got into reading blogs in the first place. I was looking for a cupcake recipe for my friend’s birthday and came across Hummingbird on High. It was a complete fluke that I found it and now I look forward to Michelle’s posts each week, not to mention updates on several other blogs.
If you have any interest in food blogs, I would recommend the following:
- Hummingbird on High: I always find great dessert ideas here.
- Food52: I use this as an online reference for basic recipes that I would like to find original twists on and just good ole’ trusty favorites that I don’t already have in my collection.
- Two Red Bowls: I love this blog for the original twists on recipes.
- The First Mess: I love the photography on this blog- even if I’m not vegan.
- Adventures in Cooking: I can always find recipes that I would never have thought of trying myself.
So now that I’ve shared my fairly new love for food blogs, I’m signing off for today. Stay tuned for a slew of food related films.