There are several difficulties with keeping up with a blog:
- There is finding content and the time to post the content.
- The perfect timing to share what you’ve been working on yourself and
- Actually getting the nerve up to share your recent work, or at least in my case there’s a lot of getting up nerve.
I know, point number three seems completely ridiculous as the reason for all of this is to share my portfolio and to share what inspires me but somehow sharing other people’s work seems to so much safer. I’ve always been someone that prefers to work behind the scenes, never wanting to draw attention to myself. I rather like being a kind of ghost in the creative process – have some exciting role, but then when it’s time for recognition I get cold feet.
I’m trying to be better at putting my work out there – otherwise it’s rather useless actually producing it in the first place, right?
So this is what I’ve been up to:
- Yes, admittedly I’ve been working on The Human Face of Big Data for a while, but the new part is that after several weeks, there is now an official website with the trailer, official screening dates and bios of all the major contributors! Check it out for details on upcoming screenings – yes, this film could finally be coming to a theater near you in the next few months… This is a very long awaited release of the film and I hope to announce the official dates soon.
- You may have also noticed that this site has a slightly different look and format in the last month or so. I’ve finally had a chance to do the major overhaul that I’ve been wanting to do for a while now.
What do you think? Comments? Anything that you think could be better? I’m all ears.
- The film, Crazywise, is moving forward in post production! I’m still doing the odd research, but mostly helping with keeping things running on the post production front and keeping their project manager sane. There are so many moving parts that it definitely takes a team! For more information on that film, be sure to check out their Facebook, Twitter and Blog for updates. The Crazywise team is pretty amazing at keeping their followers up to date on the progress of the film so be sure to check them out – there are some amazing interviews on their blog already and they are always adding more!
- And last of all, I’ve been working on pitches for several new projects and getting ready to start another promotional film for one of my clients. However, for now I can’t share the details but I look forward to sharing updates as everything moves forward.
Enough about me today and back to my usual posts later this week. Happy Tuesday!